Research Scientist I, Antibody Discovery and Engineering
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: East Orange
Posted on: January 11, 2022
By clicking the -Apply - button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda 's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAre you looking for a patient-focused,
innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to
shine? Join us as a Research Scientist I, Antibody Discovery and
Engineering in our Cambridge, MA office.At Takeda, we are
transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven
market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we
empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing
work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating
careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
world.Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold
mission.POSITION OBJECTIVES: Takeda is committed to the long-term
strategy and vision to translate science into life-changing
medicines that make important differences for our patients around
the world. The Global Biologics team within R&D consists of
approximately 85 scientists across two US sites (Cambridge MA and
San Diego) and aims to discover novel therapeutic large molecule
biologics serving our four main therapeutic areas Oncology,
Gastroenterology, Neuroscience and Rare Disease.We are excited to
pursue the search for a Research Scientist I to join our
Biotherapeutic Engineering team, a group within Takeda's Global
Biologics Department, reporting to the Senior Scientist,
Biotherapeutic Engineering. You will join a team of motivated and
enthusiastic scientists, bringing experience in antibody/biologic
discovery and engineering. You will have experience in the field of
antibody discovery and engineering using in vitro platforms such as
phage-display or yeast-display (including FACS analysis and
sorting) and in vivo methods (hybridoma or B cell sorting).
High-level hands-on general molecular biology skills, applied
towards library building, affinity-maturation, humanization and
other engineering aspects is important. Familiarity with repertoire
analysis using both NGS and Sanger sequencing methods is desirable.
Familiarity with basic cell-culture techniques is desirable as
- Conduct in vivo or in vitro antibody discovery campaigns using
phage, yeast, or single B-cell cloning/ hybridoma.
- Handle and manipulate display libraries from discovery through
optimization to isolate large diversity of biologics for
- Generate diverse repertoires from immunized animals to display
libraries for further manipulation.
- Generate maturation libraries for display platforms (affinity/
potency/ stability) leveraging datasets, experience, and software
to improve lead candidates.
- Prepare samples for sequencing by NGS or Sanger methodologies,
including data analysis.
- General molecular-biology tasks.
- Perform complex research lab assignments independently.
- Contribute to experimental design.
- Maintain records, using electronic notebooks.
- Help with preparation of various manuscripts, SOP's and
publications, when relevant.
- Purchasing and management of consumable stocks, as necessary
for the workflow.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- PhD in a scientific discipline (or equivalent), or MS with 6+
years of relevant experience, or BS with 8+ years of relevant
- Experience with standard molecular and cell biology
- Experience with B-cell cloning/ hybridoma or display methods
such as phage or yeast display.
- Experience with NGS sample preparation and data analysis is
- Identify problems, make recommendations and implement
- Effective resource and time management skills.WHAT TAKEDA CAN
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach ProgramsLearn more at .Absent an approved
religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based
Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as
determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda
site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf
of Takeda. US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated as a
condition of employment, absent an approved religious or medical
reason. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility,
and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be
subject to different guidelines. If you are contacted by a Takeda
recruiter about your job application, we encourage you to seek more
information on the applicable guidelines for the Business
Unit/Function to which you have applied.Empowering Our People to
ShineDiscover more at takedajobs.comNo Phone Calls or Recruiters
Please.This job posting excludes CO applicants.#LI-SGMEEO
StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, East Orange , Research Scientist I, Antibody Discovery and Engineering, Engineering , East Orange, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!