Chief Human Resource Officer
Company: Youth Consultation Service
Location: East Orange
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Dedicated. Compassionate. Inspiring. Rewarding. These are just
some of the words to describe what it's like working at Youth
Consultation Service (YCS). YCS employees are devoted professionals
who have a passion for helping children, adolescents and adults. Do
you share the same qualities? The YCS Human Resources Department is
looking for a Chief Human Resource Officer who will be responsible
for providing leadership and strategic direction for the human
resources operation of the Agency. Job Summary: The Chief Human
Resource Officer (CHRO) must have a clear understanding of legal
compliance, recruitment and retention, talent management,
organizational and performance management, benefit administration,
on-boarding, training /development and compensation. As a member of
the President's Executive Cabinet, the CHRO is a senior leader and
provides confidential advice and assistance to the President. The
CHRO should demonstrate a sound understanding of the corporate
culture and should be seen as a mentor and confidante as well as a
respected peer by colleagues. In this role, you will work alongside
senior level executives and in close collaboration to analyze and
improve existing HR policies and procedures, ensure strategies
aligned with objectives of the Agency. Responsibilities:
- Oversees and is accountable for all activities of the human
- performance management and improvement systems;
- employee orientation, development and training;
- personnel policy development;
- compensation and benefits administration;
- employee safety, welfare, wellness and health;
- in collaboration with Training Department determine staff
training needs and requirements
- in collaboration with Recruitment Team, oversees recruitment
and selection program(s) designed to attract a pool of qualified
candidates for all positions
- Be a caring and motivational team builder who possesses
effective communication, collaboration and facilitation
- Have the skills necessary to mediate and utilize conflict
resolution to successfully address employee relation issues.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and
industry regulations as well as advising department managers on
legal implications of HR issues related to discipline and employee
- Provide leadership in complying with accrediting CARF,
regulatory agencies and professional standards.
- Develop comprehensive recruiting, employee on-boarding and
retention strategies and plans.
- Collaborates with the President and Chief Operating Officer to
develop and administer a sound program of salary and position
classification, to include:
- Recommending salary ranges for all positions in accordance with
- Supervises the administration of the State licensure guidelines
for all licensed employees, to include:
- Maintain all recertification records
- Assuring that licensure for all professional staff is current
- High level of skills in leadership, management, supervisory,
organizational and human relations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address issues and
concerns in a diplomatic, sensitive and confidential manner.
- Genuine commitment to inclusiveness and shared governance in
leadership and decision-making.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing technology to enhance and
measure the results of the human resources programs and
- Must have analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the
ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of
- Exceptional presentation, oral and written communication
- Superior computer skills and be highly proficient in the use of
Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge of Ultimate Kronos Group
(UKG) preferred. Requirements:
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in human
resource management with an in-depth knowledge of workforce
regulations and requirements.
- Has a BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university in
human resources or related field. An MBA or MA/MS in human
resources or related field is a plus.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certificate,
Human Resource Information Professional (HRIP) certificate, or
similar may be advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of labor laws and HR functions.
- Experience developing, organizing and administering budgets.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Youth Consultation Service, East Orange , Chief Human Resource Officer, Executive , East Orange, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!