Field Service Technician - Light Industrial Equipment
Company: Gearhead Careers
Location: East Orange
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Successfully provide customer service by performing on-location
preventative maintenance and repairs on customer equipment by
performing duties listed below.
Duties, Tasks And Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing outstanding CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- Visually inspects, tests, and listens to machines and equipment
to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Discusses machine operation variation with customers to
diagnose problem and repair machines.
- Dismantles machine parts to detect wear, misalignment or other
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts.
- Installs new or repaired parts; clean and lubricates shafts,
bearings, gears, belts and other parts of machinery.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and
- Installs and repairs electronic components of machinery of
- Start machines and equipment to test operations following
- Repairs broken parts.
- Schedules follow-up repairs on equipment when the ordered parts
have been received.
- Schedules repairs and PM's in similar locations on the same
day, as time and location permits.
- Stops at new stores on route, as time permits.
- Responsible for record keeping and reporting of work orders,
parts, supplies ordering, and a daily agenda.
- Submits daily, work orders, daily agenda/time cards, parts
orders and all required paperwork.
- Treats company equipment (i.e. vehicle, tools, phone, tablet,
credit card, and parts) as if they were his/her own and follows
PM's guidelines on company provided vehicle.
- Performs additional duties, tasks, responsibilities, as a
supervisor may, from time to time, deem necessary.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); good
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who operates business
within the framework of each customer's business structure.
- Good driving record.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Excellent time-management skills.
- $20-$26 per hour starting wage
- Possesses excellent communication skills; both verbal and
written with ability to communicate effectively to customers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
Other Skills & Abilities
- Detail oriented
- Excellent listener
- Determination to be own manager
- Skilled in the use of hand and mechanical tools
- Owns or can purchase or borrow basic standard and metric
mechanical tools, gear puller, and three-drawer tool chest
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials
- Dependability - Excellent attendance. Responds to service
request in a timely manner. Follows instructions, responds to
management direction.Takes responsibility for own actions. Maintain
a valid driver's license and safe driving skills. Must, at all
times meet state and federal regulations
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
occasionally required to drive long hours.
The associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger,
handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch;
talk or hear and taste or smell.
- The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 to 50
pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
- Travel up to an average of 300 miles per day
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, risk of
electrical shock, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic
- Income is based an hourly pay structure, with up to a -- hour
start of the day and end of the day reduction for commute
- Typically Monday through Friday. Weekends and after hour work
is possible provided customer is willing to pay emergency rates. On
call status ends at 11 am EST on weekends and holidays
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Gearhead Careers, East Orange , Field Service Technician - Light Industrial Equipment, IT / Software / Systems , East Orange, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!