Software Development Manager | Prime Delivery Experience
Company: Amazon.com Services LLC
Location: East Orange
Posted on: April 27, 2021
We are seeking a driven technology leader to own the Prime
Delivery Experience worldwide. Prime Delivery is the highest
profile and most important benefit for Prime customers shopping on
Amazon retail website. It is an incredibly innovative space since
customers deeply care about the experience (e.g. speed,
convenience, price) of how we deliver packages to them. This is a
one-of-a-kind opportunity to literally change the world by
delighting millions of customers.
This technology leader will be responsible for building the next
generation shopping experience and systems in order to provide a
world-class Prime Delivery experience. You will be owning set of
technologies (full-stack) leveraging AWS and common industry
standards. You will be leading a talented cross-functional tech
organization including software engineers, technical program
managers and QA. You will develop highly scalable, low latency,
intelligent software that will have a massive impact for
You should come to work with us because:
· You will be impacting millions of Amazon customers worldwide.
· You will define technical strategy and roadmap for the team.
· You will work closely with the engineers and product managers to
architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· You will participate in hiring, mentoring, and developing a
best-in-class software engineering team.
· You will be in charge of the complete software development
lifecycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing
· We care about both delighting customers and high quality
software. We don’t sacrifice one for the other.
· We offer a fast-paced environment with a startup atmosphere. We
move fast and take calculated risks.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
· 3+ years of experience in direct people management of software
· 6+ years of experienced with building and managing highly
scalable and low latency software systems.
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software
systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Strong software design skills.
· A strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, such as
algorithms and data structures.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced
· A deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based
· Excellent communications skills.
· Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic
· Passion for solving complex and interesting problems
· Passion for driving great, simple, clean, efficient code
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams,
and senior management to collect requirements, describe software
product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically
ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems
and all points in between
· Experience in working backwards from the customer and delivering
innovative, simple solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Amazon.com Services LLC, East Orange , Software Development Manager | Prime Delivery Experience, Other , East Orange, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!