ShopRite - Frozen Foods Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Location: East Orange
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while pricing, stocking
and rotating merchandise in the Frozen Department; to maintain a
neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other
tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead
racking and storage areas.
- Ability to work in refrigerated coolers and high moisture rooms
for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require
the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards, including
securing helium tanks, sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard and
refuse as needed
- Operate a baler and compactor.
- Be alert to temperatures and operating condition of
refrigerated storage areas and display cases; promptly communicate
any problems or equipment failures to key person in charge.
- Be knowledgeable of the various types of Frozen products;
including taste, preparation method or use, price differences,
- Utilize CGO to maintain and order merchandise to keep product
in stock, including using Hand Held Terminal.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Maintain required communication within the Department and
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Frozen Foods operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy, including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Perform duties in accordance with in the Company's HAZCOM
program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the
safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Frozen Foods
Department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 650
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which
may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to departmental operations.
- Assist Frozen Manager as needed.
- When required, price items accurately and legibly using
approved price marking devices.
- Ensure that featured sale merchandise is attractively signed to
- Accurately record markups and markdowns, in-store use of
merchandise, and bad merchandise/ spoilage write offs in accordance
with Company policies.
- Maintain Unit Price Labels (Tags) for all items, doing price
changes as required.
- Validate deliveries to invoice documents and utilize the
receiving log, placing signed invoices in appropriate area.
- Fully stock and rotate all frozen merchandise in cases, shelves
and other applicable displays according to tag allocation and
- Unload and secure received product in appropriate refrigerated
storage areas using power or hand jack, carts, u-boats or bossies
- Block and face all products in accordance to Company policy or
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, East Orange , ShopRite - Frozen Foods Clerk, Other , East Orange, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!