ShopRite - Meat Clean-up Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Location: East Orange
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience by performing maintenance
and clean-up duties in the Meat Department and associated areas as
prescribed by the Meat Department Manager to ensure that the
department's equipment, premises and fixtures are kept clean and
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 35 lbs., and occasionally lift 80-90 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require
the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Assemble and disassemble all Meat Department equipment such as
band saws and grinders.
- Monitor inventory of cleaning supplies and sanitizing
chemicals; inform manager when supply levels are low in accordance
with established guidelines.
- Work in an environment that includes continuous duties in
refrigerated cutting rooms and storage areas (relatively high
humidity) with occasional duties in frozen food storage boxes
maintained at temperatures as low as 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which
may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Understand and adhere to all Country of Origin Label (C.O.O.L.)
regulations for all products in the Meat Department.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Meat Department that
weights 35 lbs. and that occasionally weighs up to 80-90 lbs.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
35 lbs. and that occasionally weights 80-90 lbs.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Operate equipment with all safeguards in place and in good
- Observe safe methods of performing all duties.
- Maintain sanitation control according to Company policy.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Removes trash to designated area. Must be able to sweep and mop
- Empty all trash containers and consolidate tallow barrels when
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Meat operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements and all Local, State and Federal health and
civil code regulations.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to Meat Department operations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, East Orange , ShopRite - Meat Clean-up Clerk, Other , East Orange, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!